Most of the time, escorts work independently and rarely collaborate with others. Because of this, teamwork and leadership skills used to influence and guide other co-workers aren’t common traits that would normally be considered essential for an escort. However, escorts have to act as leaders in their own enterprises. They must have the confidence and passion that will inspire others to utilize their services and seek out their companionship.
Mastering many elements of leadership is required in order to excel as an escort and attract clients for a thriving schedule. Consider these attributes worth learning and achieving:
- Live up to your word: An escort is judged by the guidelines she establishes in her online profile, along with how she conducts herself with clients. When you indicate that you uphold certain policies in your dating ad, you should follow through with those intentions. For instance, escorts who promise to make accommodations for special needs of clients should carry through with that statement. Whether it means that you provide an outcall for a homebound client or that you attempt to communicate with a deaf client, for example, you need to exhibit patience and willingness to go the extra mile for these bookings. Staying true to your word in these instances is essential. Additionally, your intentions to live up to other promises helps lay a foundation of trust between you and your client. Arriving on time, keeping all appointments, providing discussed services and doing other things you’ve promised a client you’ll do are ways that you create trust.
- Exhibit enthusiasm and a positive attitude: Part of being a leader includes always putting on a happy face…or, at least one that demonstrates you feel optimistically about the act at hand. Clients seek out escorts for fun and good times. Sometimes, they need to be led out of their desperation or sour moods and inspired to be happier, if even for an hour. Escorts have to be able to act passionately about the time they spend with clients. They create an air of positivity during an encounter and encourage the promise of pleasure and fun during the booking process. Additionally, through their upbeat ways, they also establish a sense of urgency for clients to schedule time with them. Clients get excited and want to experience the enjoyment they feel is impending with the escort. They are persuaded to book quickly, before they change their minds and back out. Escorts have to influence them quickly through their appeal in order to ensure that clients won’t second-guess their decisions or chicken out on their plans.
- Be real: Many escorts play out a specific persona or create a role that they play as a provider. And, of course, this character they represent isn’t actually real. She’s a fictional creation. However, your depiction of this role must seem genuine. You have to be realistic, grounded and practical about the ways in which you fulfill the personality of your chosen alter ego. If you seem fake or as though you are acting, your clients won’t come back for more of your time. They will find another escort who makes them feel they are interacting with a genuine person. Leaders in all walks of life learn how to live up to the role they want people to see them in. Visualize who you want to be and how you want your clients to perceive you—and, follow through with that image. And, it may be different things for each client. Some clients want to see you as powerful and strong; while, others prefer you to be meeker. Establish the way you want clients to see you and stay true to it.
- Demonstrate flexibility: Being open to change and new ideas is integral when you’re an escort. Clients are prone to changing their minds often and they may have new ideas about what they want when they arrive for a booking. It’s important to be somewhat flexible with clients, as they are paying for the time they spend with you. Even if an activity isn’t quite what you had planned, as long as it doesn’t go against your policies or procedures, you should consider going with the flow. Every new suggestion a client provides during an encounter is a new opportunity for learning and broadening your horizons. And, keeping in mind that every client has different tastes and desires is essential to being a successful client. You have to create an attitude that isn’t stuck in one mindset or glued to one plan. Conditions change and you have to be able to adapt, especially when dealing with clients. And, if you’re going on outcalls, you have to be able to think on the fly and be a problem solver, as circumstances aren’t always ideal. Being flexible and open to all experiences will endear you to clients.
- Stand for something: Clients expect that escorts are going to attempt to appease them and appeal to their wishes. However, they admire an escort who takes pride in herself and displays ethics and values as she conducts her business. But, some clients will try to convince an escort to do what they want, even if it conflicts with her personal beliefs or professional standards. Don’t allow clients to persuade you to abandon your values. And, don’t be lured in by tips, bonuses or gifts for behavior that is not part of your standard services for clients. Stay true to yourself and don’t allow the demands of clients to change who you are or what you stand for. Remain true to yourself. Quality clients will appreciate this in you, and they will become loyal members of your list.
- Maintain a reasonable balance between confidence and modesty: For many client, there really is nothing sexier than a confident woman. When you know you are beautiful and sexy, it creates a powerful allure that most men cannot resist. However, for others, they prefer a more modest escort who is much shyer about receiving compliments or flashing her assets. Striking that balance as an escort is difficult, but achievable. And, that balance may be based on a different scale for every client you see or talk to. But, overall, it’s best to maintain the image of a gorgeous woman who doesn’t allow her physical appearance to go to her head. Show off what you’ve got in a classy, sophisticated way…but, appreciate the compliments and lustful glances your clients give you. Let them know you are comfortable with yourself, but show a little humility in that you realize you are not perfect.
- Teach others: A good leader always guides and instructs, especially if working with others who do not posses as much expertise or knowledge as she has. This is particularly true for escorts who often meet up with sheltered clients. Many clients are hindered in the dating world by a variety of factors. Physical or mental disabilities or conditions, physical appearance, cultural differences or other issues may create holdbacks for clients when it comes to exploring their sexual selves or meeting others they are attracted to. In these cases, it’s up to you, as an escort, to help them find pleasure and fulfillment. They may need some teaching about everything during an encounter from how to talk to a woman all the way to how to engage in the actual act of intercourse. You are their role model and have inside information that will help them broaden their horizons. They are depending on you to learn about a new facet of life. Share your experience with them; they will be forever grateful.
- Channel your dysfunctional habits: Skillful leaders are quite introspective and learn to identify characteristics about themselves that are counterproductive to success. For instance, an escort who is habitually late can learn to plan better and be more punctual. Or, an escort who lacks knowledge about hobbies their clients are interested in may bone up on targeted subjects. But, many times, the traits runner deeper than being ignorant about a topic or failing to plan to be on time. Issues like trust and fear often factor into the picture, which create many obstacles that escorts have to learn to overcome. Having a chip on your shoulder due to not trusting others may result in turning many clients off. However, when you discover how to channel your trust issues differently, it will help you smooth over those rough edges. More times than not, it’s learning what information NOT to share, how to rephrase your statements and adjusting your body language to divert attention away from habits that are less desirable from an escort.
- Develop effective communication skills: Leaders are completely ineffective if they are unable to communicate their ideas to others. The same is true for an escort. If you aren’t able to conduct basic conversations with your clients about scheduling, guidelines or other issues, you’re not going to be very successful! Additionally, many clients require a little finessing to convince them that you’re the escort for them. If you can’t be persuasive and inviting during the pre-booking period, any marketing efforts you are conducting are wasted. Just as important as being able to convey your ideas verbally is the capacity to listen to your clients. All clients have a story to tell and their reasons for seeking out an escort are often unveiled in their conversations with you. To really comprehend what a client expects and desires from an encounter with you, you have to listen and hear what he’s telling you. Paying attention to what he doesn’t say is just as important as what he does. Listen to him and read between the lines, when you can.
- Get creative: All effective leaders should be able to think out of the box. Their minds should not always go to the standard procedure or mediocre method of accomplishing tasks. Why would anyone be influenced by them? Escorts can’t be boring and predictable, either. Clients are seeking out ways to explore their sexuality and find other forms of pleasure. Their current relationships may be stagnant and dull. They want to spice things up. An escort has to be creative to provide experiences for clients that run beyond the status quo they already have. Clients expect escorts to give them more: more excitement, more variety and more fun. Additionally, to be a leading escort in the industry, you are going to have to set yourself apart from others. That means be creative in your marketing, offer unique services and separate yourself from the crowd of general escorts. Be more; be different.
- Trust your gut instinct: Leaders usually have intuition about what they ought to do in order to be successful. Escorts also have intuition—or a sixth sense—that is used to detect threatening clients, a cop sting or other situations that don’t seem quite right. Learn to trust this hint you get from your gut, because it’s really your brain picking up on details that don’t entirely add up. Other times, though, your instinct may be telling you that circumstances are actually ok, even when they seem doubtable. Sometimes, your intuition may lead you to a new marketing method or way of conducting business that will be extremely profitable for you. Regardless of its positive or negative impact, pay attention to any nagging feelings you get about your actions, clients, situations or circumstances.
- Focus on the task at hand: Accomplished leaders have to focus on their goals and what it takes to meet them. Escorts who consider themselves leaders in the industry have to do the same thing. Establishing your objectives and determining what you have to do to achieve them is an element to success that all escorts should pursue. But, just identifying these goals and tasks isn’t enough. You have to be determined and focused. Some parts of your goals may require long-term efforts to acquire. If you are constantly changing your methods or differing your objectives, you won’t meet your goals. Additionally, consistency plays a major role in both your success and your client satisfaction. Being consistent is another way to stay focused on your career. Constantly providing quality client services, communication and interpersonal contact will earn you great ratings and high levels of client loyalty. Staying focused and not allowing life or other interests to distract you will help you become more successful than ever.
- Exercise empathy: All good leaders recognize that others have feelings. And, their success is often determined as much by their emotional IQ as their intellect. Escorts have to empathize with clients in order to connect with them. Building relationships is an important goal for all escorts. But, to do that, you have to be able to bond with them over emotions or common interests. Many times, your clients only want to be able to share their feelings with someone, without feeling like they’re whining or being weak. Allowing them this outlet and providing an understanding shoulder to cry on will go a long ways in establishing a lasting relationship with them. Furthermore, many clients have legitimate issues that will evoke an emotional response from you. It’s totally appropriate to feel sorry for your clients—or happy for them when they experience success. However, empathizing with them is entirely different than allowing yourself to get wrapped up in their issues or getting sucked into their drama. And, it doesn’t mean that you should ever allow a client to take advantage of you due to a run of bad luck on their part. You can feel sorry for them, but that doesn’t mean you should let them monopolize on their issues.
Overall, an Nashville escort will benefit from honing all skills that leaders need to become successful. Even though you may not be implementing them in a team or workforce application, these traits will enable you to seamlessly move through your career with confidence, authority and optimism.